● To identify the most promising commercial market segments for which a switch from fossil fuels to bioenergy is advisable;
● To prepare business strategies and models;
● To deliver know-how on the supply and usage of biomass;
● To train developers, consultants, heat operators and employees of energy services companies to assess and develop projects in communities with district heating and in sectors with auto-production of heat;
● To convince stakeholders of the opportunities that are created by local value chains for bioenergy heat;
● To make the relevant policy makers aware of policy measures that could speed up the bioenergy heat technology diffusion process.